The Associate Value Specialist (AVS) certification recognizes those individuals who decided to become professional value engineers. The Society of American Value Engineers (SAVE International – USA) is the professional body offers the AVS certification.
The Associate Value Specialist (AVS) is one of the initial stage of professional certification in Value Engineering. It is also a professional recognition for AVS certified individuals to enhance their career in Value Engineering Studies.
Value Engineering workshop (Module 1) – AVS certification exam preparation
5-day workshop (40 hours) introduces Value Engineering techniques that will improve the bottom line of the business. It will also introduce some innovative techniques and methodologies that enhances participant career performance. At the end of the workshop participants will:
- Apply Value engineering for your projects.
- Use and benefit from function analysis.
- Scientifically compares and chooses between alternatives using WEM.
- Integrate VE within the design process.
- Develop a systematic approach to avoid unnecessary cost.
- Develop and effective team.
- Integrate VE with TQM.
- Enhance the relationship between your employees and your customers.
- Identify the similarities and differences between VE and Reengineering.
- Differentiate between VE and Design Reviews.
- Differentiate between VE and Cost Reduction.
Who should attend?
This workshop is intended for professionals in business enterprises including but not limited to chief executive officers, Project Managers, Finance Managers, Human Resources Managers, Design Managers, Engineers, Planners, Cost Engineers, and Quantity Surveyors.
Mode of study:
- Class room.
At the end of the workshop, the certification exam will be conducted. The exam duration is 1 hour and 30 minutes. It consists of two parts as detailed below:
Part 1 Exam: 30 minutes on Value Engineering Fundamentals.
Part 2 Exam: 60 minutes on Function Analysis.