CCT® certification was established to give less experienced professionals the opportunity to advance their cost engineering skills and professional development, and be distinguished as a CCT® prior to obtaining the prerequisite 8 years of relevant experience necessary to become certified as a Certified Cost Professional (CCP).
While many younger professionals work in the cost management or cost engineering fields, often times there is no effective method to measure their capabilities. AACE CCT certification provides employers, and potential employers, a means to identify those who meet competency standards. CCT certification is a mark of distinction.
CCT Certification is independently accredited by the Council of Engineering & Scientific Specialty Boards (CESB).
- Young professionals who have 4 years industry related experience.
- 4-year industry related college degree.
CCT® Certification Review Course
This course is tailored for young professionals who wish to pursue Certified Cost Technician CCT® certification examination. This course also facilitates young professionals to move forward to get certified the Certified Cost Professional CCP easily.
Who should attend?
This course is intended for young professionals in all business enterprises including but not limited to, Human Resource Personals, Accountant, Engineers, Planners, Cost Engineers, Cost Controlling Engineers and Quantity Surveyors.
- AACE’s Certified Cost Technical Primer, 1st Edition.
- AACE’s Recommended Practices (specifically RP 11R-88 and RP 10S-90).
- AACE’s Skills & Knowledge of Cost Engineering, 5th Edition.
- AACE’s Total Cost Management Framework.
Mode of study:
- Online/Class room.
CEBS’s Training Methods
- PowerPoint Presentation.
- Audio/Video visual effects.
- Computer Based Test simulations/mockup exams (CEBS only provides this facility).
- Other necessary supports.
CCT® Certification Exam
Computer Based Testing:
- 100 Multiple choice Questions only.
- Exam duration maximum 3 Hrs.
- Open book exam.
- Payment: Member- $250/ Non Member – $375.
Note: No Technical Paper requirement for this certification.
This certificate is valid for 3 years and are not renewable instead professional can progress to certify CCP certification.