Contend of the Program
- Introduction to Operating Systems
- Introduction to Software Applications
- Hardware & Network Fundamentals
- Computer Programming
- Information Systems Analysis & Design
- Database Management
- Students will understand modern programming techniques and languages. They will also understand the systems development methodology used in creating software systems in current environments.
- Students will understand various computer operating systems, including Windows, Linux and Mac, application software (word processing, spreadsheets and databases) and the underlying hardware elements of modern computers.
- Students will understand the hardware, operating system software and protocols that enable modern networks.
Entry level positions in various areas including user support, system administration and network management will be available to students completing this certificate.
Many employers are quite willing to provide job specific training to employees already possessing the broad technical experiences in this certificate. Students completing this certificate and a specific Technical Training in IT will be further prepared for specific employment opportunities.